I just attended the American Medical Billing Association conference in Las Vegas. It was a productive conference, some of which was spent with a breakout section on mental health billing. Featured presentations included:
▪ The Liles Report concerning legal compliance and ethics for billing companies.
▪ The key components for running a successful and profitable practice and how a mental health billing company can assist in achieving this goal.
▪ The latest trends concerning claims submission and clearinghouse agendas.
▪ A Medicare refresher discussion.
▪ Provider enrollment with insurance panels and how this leads to increased referrals.
▪ Techniques for mental health practices to enhance their visibility within the local marketplace via social media.
▪ The importance of responding to provider inquiries in an expeditious manner.
This was my fifth year in attendance and it continues to be a most rewarding experience for Associated Billing Center, LLC and our providers.
We also recently attended the New Jersey Psychological Association fall conference. We held several discussions with mental health providers on what they consider to be the most important factors in a successful relationship with a billing company.
A personal note: While in Vegas I was a winner. I lost six dollars.
Disclaimer: Please note: The editorial content of this page is in no way intended to be professional advice. It should be considered informational and a venue for entertainment purposes. Read and utilize at your own discretion. Content may not be published without the expressed consent of Associated Billing Center, LLC