The Waiting Room
In a therapist’s waiting room two patients are having a conversation. One says to the other, “Why are you here?”
The second answers, “I’m Napoleon, so the therapist told me to come here.”
The first is curious and asks, “How do you know that you’re Napoleon?”
The second responds, “God told me I was.”
At this point, a patient on the other side of the room shouts, “NO I DIDN’T!”
Top Five Signs You Are Approaching Burn-out
5) You realize you actually have no friends; they have all become just one big case load.
4) A co-worker asks how you are doing and you reply that you are a bit “Internally preoccupied” and “Not able to interact with peers today.”
3) Your spouse asks you to set the table and you tell them that it would be “counter-therapeutic to your current goals” to do that.
2) You tell your teenage daughter she is not going to start dating boys because she is, “In denial, lacks insight and her emotions are not congruent with her chronological age.”
And, the number one reason you may be burning out….
1) You are packing for a trip to a large family holiday reunion and you take the ICD-10 with you “just in case.”
Source: bouldertherapist.com/Storm King
Disclaimer: Please note: The editorial content of this page is in no way intended to be professional advice. It should be considered informational and a venue for entertainment purposes. Read and utilize at your own discretion.